Designer and Instructor~Arlene Baker
Saturday, July 25, 2009 10:00a-5:00p
Workshop fee: $55
Learn the centuries-old art of French beaded flowers in this workshop. You will learn to create three different floral designs with beads and wire, the beginnings of your own bouquet of beaded flowers. Noted artist, author and collector Arlene Baker joins us to share the magic and nostalgia of making these beautiful flowers. Arlene will also be bringing some of her fabulous vintage flowers to illustrate her inspiration for this project, and perhaps will share some of her other work with us as well. She will also have a several different beads available for purchase that you can use in your creations. Be prepared to be inspired by this lovely and talented lady.
With this workshop, you will also get a copy of out of print "1928 Hiawatha Beading Instruction" pamphlet!
Tools to bring:
• wire cutters, sharp fine blades
• needle nose pliers with smooth jaws
• ruler or tape measure
• Scotch transparent tape
• several rounded toothpicks
• small bottle white glue
• bead mat or bead dish
• bead spinner
• "Beads in Bloom" book
Beading supplies are available for purchase in class or you may bring the following...
• seed beads, 3 cut, size 9, 10 or 11 -or- seed beads, 2 cut, size 9 or 11 -or- any combination thereof
• Assortment of beads for flowers and buds, greenery and leaves
• beading wire, one spool each of 34, 30 & 28 gauge wire
• pin clasp, 1" narrow bar style
• embroider floss for stem covering
• metallic thread or embroidery floss
All class fees are prepaid. Contact class manager Dede Warren at 714-757-0558 to reserve your place in this class. You may also reserve your place in person at the store by check, cash or credit card, or via phone with your credit card. Call us if you need assistance...we'll be happy to help!